Monday, September 20, 2010

First day of Preschool!

Today i took my baby girl to Preschool! i think i'm still in shock that she is old enough to go?!.. but with much debate, i knew it was time and a good thing. she's been so excited about the start of school and i know she'll grow and learn so much during the year!
when we pulled up to the school, there was NO apprehension in my big girls heart... just a little bit in mommy's : (
walking up to the school like the big girl she is!
i could have lost it but i just looked at her and made myself get a grip, you would think that by the 3rd child going to preschool on their first day would get easier, but i guess it just doesn't work that way.. (or at least not for me anyways) BUT i knew she was going to be fine.. and so was I
she walked over to find her name tag after i signed her in, then she walked over to the water/sensory table with a big smile!!.. i told her to have a fun day and i love her (a few times) and she gave me a big kiss!
leaving the parking lot was hard, so i prayed (again) for my big schoolgirl and trusted that she was going to have a wonderful morning!
i wish i could be a fly on the wall during her day. i'd love to watch her, but i guess i'll just take what i can get which is words from her mouth...!
what peyton told me about her first day: *she loved it
*she can't wait to go back
*that there is a mackenzie in her class (?? i have no idea why she remembered this but it must of stood out to her??!)
*that nobody noticed her pretty painted fingernails
*they are going to the pumpkin patch on a field trip
*she didnt' get to play outside but really wanted to
*she got to paint and loves painting
*that she missed me a little (bless her : )

No comments :

Post a Comment