Thursday, April 12, 2012

T. Double O. T!

When you look up the word “stinker” in the dictionary, you see this face.
Brody is SUCH. A. LITTLE. T double O T.
IMG_2706IMG_2707

He won’t let me get ANYTHING done.
He wants to be held.
He fusses.
He wants “nacks” ALL. OF. THE. TIME!
He messes with everything he’s NOT supposed to have.
He’s strong willed.
He knows the buttons to push with all of us.
He throws things that he shouldn’t.
He wants to be outside.
He STILL fusses in the car the majority of the time.
He’s a bit like a bull in a china cabinet + Pigpen from Charlie Brown.
He’s BY FAR the most ornery for his Momma.
His favorite word is “no!”
He’s an ABSOLUTE MESS

IMG_2708

But, I recently read this…
“Remember, the things that might aggravate you about your child today might be the very things (when matured) that make them great for God’s kingdom.”

It made me think. First, don’t get me wrong…I ADORE this boy! As much as he tries my patience, he melts my heart. There’s no doubt that he loves his Momma and we are starting to see such a sweet boy in his little 17 month old self!

His determination, strong will and persistence will, more than likely, be the things that God uses in Brody to further His kingdom.

So, for now, I’ll take a deep breath…and pray for patience…
and also that God use ALL of Brody’s crazy ways for good! I can’t wait to see the man he becomes.

No comments :

Post a Comment