Saturday, January 19, 2013

CHRISTMAS EVE 2012: PART 2

After we got home we got into our Christmas jammies, and took our annual family pajama pics…(brody was being a stink because he was super tired!!) and we didn’t even try to get Missy in the pic this year.. (that would have been a whole other nightmare) after pics we got our magic reindeer food and went out front to sprinkle it on the lawn.

xmas1

IMG_0345IMG_0346

and since our chimney isn't a “real” chimney we hung our magic Santa key on the door…

IMG_0347xma27

said our last goodbye’s to Elfis…

bye1bye2

got the carrots, cookies and milk ready for Santa and the reindeer’s…

IMG_20121224_222805

cre2

and it was off to bed… about an hour later Santa’s elves got to work their magic ….

cre1

Santa brought all the kids just what they asked for and stuffed their stockings full of goodies!!!

IMG_20121225_000851

TheTrueFam LOVES Jesus! and despite all of the differing views out there, we also LOVE Santa Claus at our house! Don’t get me wrong…this love is NO where CLOSE to how we love Jesus…but, he is pretty stinkin’ great! We love the magic and excitement that Santa brings for just a short season in their lives. We really want to make sure the kids have NO doubt what the true meaning of Christmas is all about, So we read many Christmas stories and made sure Peyton knows how Santa and Jesus are different. I grew up thinking Santa was pretty great…heck, I still do! And, it didn’t scar me for life when the magic started to fade! I NEVER questioned if Jesus was real after I found out that Santa wasn’t all I’d thought he was. I NEVER had problems trusting my parents after I found out they had “lied” to me for years! And, I don’t feel that my kids will either! I completely respect the different ways that people choose to celebrate/not celebrate things at Christmastime…but, as far as TheTrueFam goes…we love JESUS LOTS…and, Santa, too! : )

No comments :

Post a Comment