Tuesday, May 14, 2013

MY RESUME

I’ve had a handful of jobs in my 35 years of life…

They started when I was 17 years old

First I worked at McDonalds for about 1 month, hated it. Then I got a job at Illahe Hills country club golf course when I was a senior, as a busser and hostess, I liked that job, I LOVED my tip checks each week but I quit after 5 months, then I got a job at Claire’s and ended up working there for almost a year, I loved it I got a couple promotions and a raise and ended up being a key person who was able to open and close the store by myself. it was fun piercing ears and getting discounts there! they finally had to start cutting hours and by this time I was not getting to work near enough, so I finally decided to look for full time work and something in office, so I got a job at first american title company, it was just a temp job for 6 months but this is where after I had only worked for 2 weeks found out I was pregnant so I worked for the full 6 months then my step dad got me a job at Marquis Spas with him (in the office as a receptionist) I worked there until a week before I gave birth, then took almost 4 months off and ryley’s dad supported us. then we split so I had to look for work, I got another temp job at community action as an intake worker helping people get energy assistance, that job ended and about a week later I got a job at Farmers Insurance company (for an agent) I HATED it! I was alone all the time and pretty much had to run the office by myself, and had a TON of duties. So after working there 3 months I went looking for something else and found Churchhill Industries which was a Christmas tree wholesaler/company.. it was again just another 6 month temp job but I made pretty good money and loved the people I worked with and as a Christmas bonus our boss paid for all of us to go to Vegas for a weekend (and gave us all spending money, paid for food everything!) but I knew that job would be ending by the first of february so mid jan I applied for an office position at Suburban Garbage and got the job! it was hands down my favorite job, and I worked with the best people/family you will ever meet (its family owned) I was there for a year and a half and got pregnant with my 2nd baby in April 2001.

And In June of 2001 I added to my resume the job that I am the most proud…I became a stay at home mom! And, when I look back at my resume, it’s amazing how much more difficult Mommyhood is than all of the other jobs combined.  I was so excited to be home with ryley and the new baby coming, and for the break (I thought) I would be getting. Little did I know that it never stops…it’s so very selfless…it rarely allows you to go to the bathroom alone…it tries your patience and your sanity…BUT, it’s SO very rewarding and I wouldn’t trade it for any job in the world right now! I run a daycare and several years ago I had A LOT of kids and life was too hectic and the money just wasn’t worth it, so about 3 years ago as kids left (and I even got rid of some) I didn’t replace them, I only work part time daycare and usually get summers off for the most part, its perfect! and we are so blessed for me to be able to be home, I enjoy being here for the kids at all times, and keeping my house clean, and running errands during the day if I need to and having dinner cooked. some days are trying and hard just like any job but I would rather be with my kids than dealing with grouchy strangers, just to make more money that we don’t really need, because everyone knows the more you make the more you spend. (been there done that and it was NOT worth it)

Now, almost fifteen years after I earned the title, being a Mommy is what I’m MADE TO DO! And, amidst the piles of laundry,  food smudges on the table and toys strewn from my bath tub to my car,  I couldn’t be more thankful for the title that I hold. I’m Ryley, Bailey, Peyton and Brody’s Mommy! In my opinion, it’s the perfect finale to my resume! someday I will more than likely go back to work outside of the home, but honestly its not what I want or in my heart so we will see how all that goes. But for right now the Lord has given me this job and that job is to be a mom to Ryley, Bailey, Peyton and Brody. I am thankful for His grace because I mess up all the time. It is a job that I could never do on my own without His wisdom and guidance. On my own I get sidetracked, and selfish, and begin to put other things above this important task of being a mom. But I want to be faithful to the job He has graciously given to me. I want to be faithful to pray for my kids through all of their days. And I don’t ever want to take these days as their mom for granted.

“Real motherhood is different. It’s better and it’s messier and it’s more complicated. It will break your heart and make you laugh harder than you ever imagined. You find yourself alternating between feeling like your friends talked you into some sort of pyramid scheme so you could share in their misery and thinking this is the most fulfilling thing you’ve ever done.”
–Melanie Shankle in Sparkly Green Earrings

I had the best Mothers Day! I was woken up to cards and gifts and lots of sweet hugs and kisses!

970883_4837502931658_764141735_n

(brody holding the cute plant peyton brought me from school)

IMG_3315girls1IMG_3331

brody and grandma at church, and the sweet mothers day card he made me in Sunday school

20130512_11503520130512_120720

the cute frames the kids made for me at Lowe’s the day before : )

20130512_123223

20130512_12341720130512_191905

I also got (not pictured) some new pajamas (peyton picked them out) and some mason jars that I had been wanting!

also I seen this sweet little video going around the blogging world for mothers day and I fell in LOVE with it!

The words of this song are so beautiful. So much truth that I want to be praying for my own children too!!

No comments :

Post a Comment