Wednesday, March 26, 2014

WHAT IS THIRTY-SIX?

Is thirty-six old?

I can’t really decide! its closer to 40…but not by very much. It still puts me in a category of “young adult”…which, does that make it old or young? Once again, I’m really not sure. But, I can tell you that Thirty-six is looking to be pretty great. And tiring. And fun. And busy. On February 12th I woke up to Thirty-six at 6:15 this morning to the sound of, “Mommy, I wet!” (he had leaked through his diaper) Bless him. Bless me. And, HELLO THIRTY-SIX!

In my world…
Thirty-six is being a Momma to a 15, 12, 8 and 3 year old.  

Thirty-six is being married for 12 1/2 years and loving that he’s still my favorite person on the planet to be with.

Thirty-six is lots of grocery shopping, transporting, wiping hineys…and picking up toys.

Thirty-six is unashamedly loving my suburban…and caring about landscaping/flowers…and wanting a newer, fancier washer and dryer!

Thirty-six is more Facebooking, Instagramming, Texting and Phone Calling to catch up with friends than it is Girl’s Nights Out and long, leisurely lunches

Thirty-six is spending about an hour each day in the car transporting kids to and from school and doing homework and making lunches and washing dirty clothes.

Thirty-six is being used to paying for things like my home, utilities, insurance, car payments etc.… (Even though I still feel like I’m too young to have responsibilities like that!) : )

Thirty-six is eighteen years since high school!!! MERCY!!!

Thirty-six is knowing the value of a good cup of coffee…a long bubble bath…a forever friend.

Thirty-six is wearing more leggings, yoga pants and flats…and less skinny jeans and high heals.

Thirty-six is prayerful…because I need it to survive and my kids need to see Grace!

Thirty-six is trusting in my Jesus more than ever…and realizing how thankful I am for the people in my life!

Thirty-six is here! And, I’m thankful for everything it is…and everything it’s going to be!

mom cell videos 240

tonight we went to dinner at outback..

mom cell videos 237

and I got a new lens for my camera!

mom cell videos 234

I get to celebrate again on friday (valentines day!)

No comments :

Post a Comment