Friday, March 28, 2014

BYE-BYE “BINKS!”

PH4
On Monday night March 10th it was Brody’s last night to sleep with his binky (pic above), I had this date planned for a couple months, knowing he would be 3 1/2 in a couple months and that it was over a week i didnt have kids incase we were up a lot at night. the following morning I had done lots of talking about giving the binks away in exchange for a a new big boy toy! (he contemplated a lot that morning)
PH5
he said more than once, he don't like new toys, just binky’s so I was thinking this was not going to go so well! after dropping peyton off at school we headed up to the woodburn outlets, grabbed some coffee and chocolate milk
PH1PH2
brody picked out some new Crocs

 PH3
he picked out some Lego ones with cool super hero jibbitz!
PH6
then it was the big moment, when we pulled up to Toys R Us, he seemed just fine and ready..
PH7
after looking around each aisle for a good 30 minutes he decided on this dinosaur hot wheel track! (just look at that big sweet smile)..
PH8
waiting to hand over the binky’s.. which he did like such a big boy and with ease!
PH9
that night we went to the school carnival, and before bed I said a little prayer for him and he went to bed without his binky (although he did prolong bedtime which he normally don’t do), but he never asked once for it! I must admit that it did break my heart a little bit. “Binks” has always been his consistent “lovey” (along with his blankey) and I hated that we were taking it away. Honestly, the fact that he still used it didn’t bother me…even thought I knew he was WAY too old! But I knew it was time, mostly because of his teeth, they were starting to become pushed out. he was SO proud of himself the next morning when he woke up, and I told him he didn’t even wake up once and ask for his binky! If I’d known it would be this easy, I would have done it a lot sooner!!! but we are SO PROUD of this soon to be 3 1/2 year old big boy!
(cuddling with his blankey that night without his binky) : )
ph11

No comments :

Post a Comment