Monday, July 4, 2011

“I love my freedom. I love my America.” ~Jessi Lane Adams

First of all…I have yet to figure out how to have a truly successful family Forth of July with a baby! …Thankfully, we made it work! : ) …  so the weekend started off friday, brandon, peyton, brody and I went to dinner at the RAM (ryley stayed home of course didn’t want to come, and bailey was with grandma and grandpa) dinner seemed wonderful we got to sit outside on the patio it felt so good, and brody was such a sweetie just snackin on his snacks and watching the creek below, I had a yummy salmon salad and brandon had a focaccia club sandwich, unfortunately brandon and I both were a little sick that night (still not sure if it was the food or a bug?!. crazy thing none of the kids got it so leaning more towards the food)

phone2011-07-01_19.00.12

(taken with brandon’s droid phone so not good pics… typically I can’t stand when people use phones for a camera… I’m a camera snob critic and they look like such poor quality?!!..it’s a little pet peeve of mine lol)

the next day, Saturday we really did not feel good, just super tired and drained and it was really warm outside so we just let the kids play out in the water with water balloons, sprinklers, slip n slide, etc.… and we rested most of the day. then sunday was our much anticipated BBQ with Kim and her family, and lisemarie and her family… we had the yummiest tequila lime chicken skewers, twice baked potatoes, pasta’s, salads,and LOTS more, luckily brandon and I had somewhat of an appetite back because it was all delish!fj1fj3fj2fj4fj5fj9fj8fj7july 043fj6july 011july 003july 062july 068july 069july 073july 070july 051july 050peyr

july 045july 052hear

these next few pics crack.me.up!!!… because they truly capture our little fuss butt!

july 013july 014july 015fj11fj12

 

we had a great night, the kids enjoyed the fireworks and fun in the yard! then Sunday morning we decided to take the kids up to the sprayground (it was a hot 4th) fj14fj15fj16fj17fj18fj19fj20july 093fj21july 090fj23fj27fj25fj26fj22fj28 july 101july 117july 116fj24july 114july 115

then it was time to head home, and bbq some dinner, (oh and brody took a little bath outside in his blowup duck bath with warm water, he LOVED it!!!) and then get ready to watch some fireworks!.. our neighborhood park puts off some pretty awesome big fireworks!!!, we didn’t even realize that everybody walks over across the street with their lawn chairs and blankets to watch this fun show they put off (next year we will do that) but instead we sat out front and let the kids do some more of our own fireworks… here’s the bad news.. our AC went out today and our house was way too warm!! with huge vaulted ceilings and as many windows as this house has, it is miserable!! so we had to open up all the windows (which is horrible for us allergy sufferer’s) and not to mention.. there was NO way our little man would sleep thru fireworks with the windows open so we brought him out too and turned out he didn’t’ mind the fireworks one bit! he was so good just watching them from daddy’s lap! (thank goodness we got a brand new even bigger nicer AC unit put in a few days later!!!)  I don’t know how people without central AC do it?? I mean seriously we would NOT survive : )

fj31fj29fj30fj32fj33fj34

july 141july 142july 143july 146july 145july 149july 150july 162july 151july 161july 155july 156july 159july 160

                                       I love my freedom. I love my America.

No comments :

Post a Comment