Friday, July 22, 2011

I’LL BE OK


Last night, I nursed my sweet baby for the very last time. he has not been nursing very well for the past month, and would only do it when he was really tired and if there wasn’t a lot going on in the background because he would get easily distracted, so the milk truck has slowed down because of this and I knew that it was time.  even though I wasn’t ready to stop, my baby love was (honestly I’m not exactly sure when I would have been ready to stop) So, as jammies got put on and the dreaded bedtime approached, I took my baby love into my room to just spend this last special one on one time with him. i squeezed my little man extra tight. I didn't watch the TV like normal... I needed to soak in this last special moment that I would have with my baby. It's hard to say goodbye to how relaxed and sweet he gets when he’s nursing.  It's hard to watch him scratch my chest like he has for the past 8 months, as he eats for the last time. It's hard to let go of something that you've done numerous times a day for 253 days. It's hard to come to the realization that your baby doesn't "need " you in this way anymore! So, as tears filled my eyes, I looked at my sweet Brody and thanked God for the blessing that it has been to bond with him in such a special way. ... How I have loved it! ... and if you have never nursed your baby, you really are missing out on one of the most precious gifts God has given us as Mothers ... I wasn’t sure how hard I would take this, but I’m doing ok, now I hold him and feed him his bottle and read him his special book On the Night You Were Born  and he is doing just fine! and is now sleeping in his crib. Goodnight, my precious 'big boy!'
sleepc1
(this pic was taken the next day at nap) : )

No comments :

Post a Comment