Saturday, November 12, 2011

brody’s 1st birthday party

My sweet baby is ONE! It really is hard to believe!!! And, the day after his real birthday, we got to have a party with many of our closest friends and family at our house! And, what a fun celebration it was! When it came to deciding the theme, it was pretty easy since brody was about 6 months old he would love to watch Mickey Mouse Clubhouse on Disney. and this momma LOVES anything Disney so I was all over it! I started making and buying things about 3 months before his party.

The invite went in the mail a couple weeks before the big day… I took the picture here at home in my dining room and made the invitations then I printed them up at Costco! super simple!

brodyinviteblog2

(luckily I had a sweet friend that went to Disneyland in Sept and I asked her to bring me back these Mouse ears)

and here are a few of the outtakes of the Mickey Mouse pics in the hat (un-edited) that didn’t turn out so well lol

ears1ears2

ears4

ears3ears5

Guests started arriving soon after what would have been Brody’s morning nap,(noon) but the little stinker decided not to take one.. which we knew was going to make for a long afternoon…A fun wreath I made greeted guests at the door.

door1

And, the table was set to party as well! Lots of fun pictures from Brody’s birthday cake shoot and his monthly sticker photo’s as well, decorated the place…and lots of food was ready to be consumed. There were also Mickey ears hats ready for each party goer. …Planning and making décor for this party was SO much fun for me…the pennants, the name banner, the party hats, the cupcake toppers, the subway art framed pictures, the invitations, the mickey cut-outs… I loved EVERY second that I spent being crafty! :)

mp1

mp50

mp51

I had lots of fun planning the menu for the party as well.
Here’s what everyone dined on…
*Sparkling Lemonade (also bottled water, soda, and juice boxes)
*Avocado Lime Pasta 
*Pineapple & Grapes
*Tomato/Mozzarella bites
*Various Mickey sandwiches (pb&j, tuna, chicken salad, egg salad)
*Mickey chicken nuggets
*Mickey shaped pizza
*Chocolate pretzel bites (so yummy and fun to make)
*Mickey Oreo cookies (again fun to make)
*Chips & Dips
*Cupcakes

mp2mp3

mp4mp5

mp11

mp8mp7

mp9mp14

mp10mp13

mp20mp21

mp47

mp48

mp12

And, my birthday boy was such a cutie! He loved socializing with the guests and never got overwhelmed with the crazy amount of people at his house, even though he was exhausted!

mp6

It wasn’t long before the little Birthday boy needed some food… and he loved his pizza and nuggets

bdayparty 053

bdayparty 054

then it was time to open presents

mp22

mp23

mp24

mp27

mp26

And, after Brody made a HAUL with so many great gifts, it was time for the BEST part. CAKE!!!

mp15

mp28mp19

mp29

mp17mp16

mp18

What a blessed little boy Brody Jay True is…and what a fun and memorable day we all had celebrating his precious first year!

mp44

No comments :

Post a Comment