Tuesday, January 3, 2012

CHRISTMAS EVE 2011

Christmas Eve is always so exciting! There is nothing like the anticipation of the day that is to come!! I love all of the last minute events to prepare for the big day!! …And, this year was no different. …
The day was spent at home, baking, cooking, last minute wrapping (and putting things together) (I really wanted to go to our church’s Christmas Eve service, but stinker pot brody just wont allow that yet).. : (
cmec3cmec1
the girls helped me make some sugar cookies from scratch (I tried a new recipe this year and oh.my.gosh they were so soft and chewy.. the best!!) and we decorated some special ones for Santa!
cmec2cme35
then it was time for my family to come over, I made Olive Garden’s Zupa Tuscano soup (were loving this recipe), mini taco bites, these cute little brownie pop’s, and the best chocolate crinkles, other food we dined on was meat and cheese tray with assorted crackers, breadsticks, shrimp and crab dip tray (soooo good!!)  and I also made The Roadhouse’s texas egg rolls (only thing I add shredded cheese to the roll too) everything was so yummy!!
cm58cme1
{this is not my picture I forgot to take one of mine but this is exactly what the taco bites look like!}
taco bites
all the kids (minus josiah)
cme4
 
cme5
 
cme3
 
cme6
 
cme7cme8
 
cme9
bailey was so excited to finally get her Bible : )
cme10
Amaiya’s new sparkle TOM’S and Ry’s new Jordan sweatshirt
cme11cme13
Makaela with her new scarf and hat
cme15
 
cme12
Obviously I was not able to get pics of everyone opening their gifts, like me opening my beautiful crystal candle holders, and our new blue ray dvd player, bailey with her special backrest pillow thingy, makaela and ryley got more clothes and money, grandma and grandpa with their tea maker, and cash, my mom got new shoes, money and a candle holder as well, amaiya got a few other things too… there was just too much unwrapping going on!! : )
cme16cme21
Brody loves cars, and bailey loves Claire’s gift cards!!
cme14cme17
Sports fan’s : )
cme22cme18cme19
 
cme20cme33
Brody’s new basketball hoop, and mommy snuck and got daddy a new Braun shaver, he’s had his Norelco for years and really wanted to try the Braun.. maybe he will get rid of that old man beard he’s got going on : /
cme23cme24
after everyone left it was time to sprinkle the magic reindeer food out in the yard
cme25
 
cme26cme27
and hang the magic key
cme28cme29
and get the cookies and milk and carrots ready for Santa and the reindeer
cme30
 
cme31cme32
we also said our goodbye’s to Elfis (I forgot to get a pic of that oops)
then it was time to get ready for bed, so Santa could come, we were all so excited for the morning to come!
cme34

No comments :

Post a Comment