Friday, November 7, 2014

APPLE FUN DAY!

Today I decided to plan a fun little learning day for my little guy, all about Apples! after we dropped the other kids off at school I made us some apple butter bagels and I made myself some warm apple cider!

apples1apples5

apples4

brody didn’t like the apple on top of his bagel, but I sure did it was SO good!

apples2apples3

then he played a little matching game with all the apples

IMG_1380IMG_1381

then he sat at the table and did some worksheets I printed

apples6apples7

and we painted with apples (he loved that)

apples13

IMG_1394IMG_1392

and talked a lot about the letter A

IMG_1389

then brody did a little digging for seeds.. he used a popsicle stick to scoop out the seeds, he would get so excited when he would find another one!

IMG_1384IMG_1385

then he glued his seeds to the core of this apple picture I made

IMG_1388

before the morning got away from us we had to start our home made applesauce, it smelled SO yummy and made my house smell just like fall! brody helped me peel the apples and add all the ingredients, and we waited for the yumminess to be done!

apples12

while we waited brody watched an episode of Caillou all about apple picking on the ipad while eating a bag of dried apples

apples8apples10

then he took a bath, and we took a little rest while watching a movie, when we got up it was time to squish up the apples

apples11

After dinner, I served Brody his own bowl of vanilla ice cream with applesauce on top and he threw a fit! He JUST wanted ice cream. He didn’t even want to try it!!!…But, let’s be honest…I did…and, then I got some more! It was delish! but unfortunately nobody else except peyton even liked it?! (not applesauce fans) crazy if you ask me!

apples9

Overall, apple day was a HUGE success. Fun and Yummy! …And, we have the fridge to prove it! :) …

apples14

(we had apples left over the next day so we made heath caramel apples after dinner the next night! YUM!)

apples16

No comments :

Post a Comment