Tuesday, September 13, 2011

PEYTON’S FIRST DAY OF KINDERGARTEN

Peyton woke up and 1:00 could not get here fast enough.. she was so ready to go to school! of course, before we left we headed out front to take our annual first day of school pictures! and she looks like such a big girl, with her back pack and all (which she picked out and was so proud of) where did my baby go?.. and how did I think she was such a BIG girl last year??)
kind1
kind2
(and just for fun this was first day of Preschool last year!)
fpre1fpre2
she walked right in and headed straight to her classroom
kinder 041
kind6
she found her table with her name tag on it all by herself!
kinder 047kind7
kind8
after I told her I loved her a few too many times lol… she gave me a big hug and said I love you too, and gave brody a big hug and kiss and told him she loved him, we left.. can you believe I didn’t even tear up?.. I feel so confident in her being ready for kindergarten, and I love their school so much I’m so happy she is excited and ready to go, I guess she just needed one more year home with momma.. and I’m 100% ok with that, I don’t regret pulling her out of preschool last year at all, and I don’t think I ever will, some kids are ready at 4 years old some are not. Peyton is going to have a wonderful year and I can’t wait to hear about the precious memories she makes and the growing that she does as a big Kindergartener! 
and now I get some quality time with this face
babyframe1
when she got home she told me all about her first day, and to celebrate we made caramel apples dipped in chocolate and heath candy bar! they were so yummy!
kinder 049
kinder 048
and here is a little first day of school interview with my big kindergartener:

What was your favorite part of your day at school?
yesterday at school it was my favorite when I got to play at recess
Did you learn anything at school?
I don’t think we did? I don’t remember?..I already knew how to write my name.
What did you eat?
fishies (crackers) for snack
Did you make any new friends?
yes! and her name is Hannah, but I do know there is a Mackenzie in my class but I don’t know her
Did you like your teacher and was she nice?
yes. she was nice to me but she was mean to some other kids
Were those other kids being naughty or not listening?
well sometimes she would go “be quiet” and they would still be talking, and that’s why the  boys had to go to time out
Did you have fun at school?
yes I LOVED it!
Do you want to go back to school tomorrow?
mmm hmm yes!  mommy can we be done?
yes baby! : )

No comments :

Post a Comment